Monday, May 28, 2012

Blog Returns From Vacation:

Yet another off season has begun, and like many others, my blog had to refresh and re-energize...

I firstly would like to apologize for my unannounced hiatus from the blog. I needed to take a few weeks away and reflect upon things and now I know a little more about the approach I want to take with the blog. This post is mostly just going to be a recap of the last few weeks.. My last post came after the BCHL's Penticton Vees went 0-2 in the Round Robin at the RBC Cup. Well, they came back to win the RBC over the Woodstock Slammers of the MHL. Here's a recap...

-After leading 3-2, the Woodstock Slammers took 3(some very questionable) straight penalties to fall 4-3 to the Penticton Vees in the RBC Cup final game. Penticton capped off their incredible season by becoming the Canadian National Junior A Champions.

-The Shawinigan Cataractes are the Memorial Cup champs for the first time in franchise history after earning a home ice overtime victory by a score of 2-1 against the OHL's London Knights.

-The Edmonton Oil Kings won their first WHL crown against the Portland Winterhawks. It took just 5 seasons to bring the new Champions to the top. Edmonton can maybe, possibly, ehhh probably not; put the City of Champions sign back up.

-The Dawson Creek Rage have folded and will cease operations while the AJHL's St. Albert Saints move to Whitecourt, causing the JR. B Wolverines to also cease operations. Fairview should be entering the NWJHL is 2012-2013.

-RBC Cup news.... I'll have that, on a seperate post!

Over the next few weeks, I will try and bring the blog up to speed and bring it back up to my performance expectations! If you have any questions or would like to see a certain player interviewed 'One-on-One', feel free to drop me an email, scafe18@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment