Sunday, September 22, 2013

Chatting With Pair of Former Vernon Vipers Voices:

Last season's play by play team for the Vernon Vipers featured Don Klepp and Todd Miller, a duo that has since gone their separate ways, even if they do work closely together for a common goal. I was given a chance to interview both of these men recently, and I'm happy to share those chats with you!

Klepp left his role as Vipers Colour Commentator to take a more important role in the organizing committee for the 2014 RBC Cup. Don is now the Communications Director for the committee, and I was given a chance to talk with him back at the BCHL Bauer Showcase. I wanted to save this interview until I had some of Vernon's attention, and last night's game between the Centennials and Vipers turned eyes toward the Centennials online spouts, such as this one.

Miller spent over 10 years as the voice of the Vipers, and of those years, I hardly missed a game until I became too deep in the game myself around 2007. His talent behind the mic is second to none and I was very honored to have been interviewed by him this summer, but last night it was an even larger honor of mine to stick Todd in front of my mic and ask him some questions. Todd carries a strong role with the Vipers as the Business Operations Manager and Assistant GM, and he can be seen running around making things happen at every Vipers home game.

I have to thank these two individuals for giving me the chance to chat with them, I hope you enjoy the listen!

Did I mention Miller was also the voice of the Centennials at one point? From 1997 until 2003, you could hear his voice in the same slot as you'd hear now-Vipers voice Graham Turnbull last season on Q101.



No comments:

Post a Comment