Saturday, October 5, 2013

Opening the NHL Season Among Friends At Boston Pizza:

 I was privileged enough this week to have been given the opportunity for a dining and NHL experience at Boston Pizza, as myself and some co-workers got together to watch the Vancouver Canucks take on the San Jose Sharks over ribs, wings and beers!

I hadn't been to the Boston Pizza location in Merritt to that point, so it was nice to get in there for the first time since there aren't many towns I stay in for hockey that don't involve monthly visits to the place where 'Hockey Lives'. It is a great setup with a wide variation of TV's in the lounge available for sports fans; small ones, big ones, LED ones, LCD ones and everything in between. It made the experience of watching the game very enjoyable!

On the side of what hit my plate, it would only be right to spoil myself and get the full rack of whiskey BBQ ribs! There's a picture at the bottom of the post of the aftermath of the wings we got for an appie.. The meal was topped with, in my mind, the best part, DESERT! They brought us all brownies and although I don't know what it was called it was probably the closest thing to a hat trick I have ever felt.

The staff treated us very well, and from the point we got there they were always making sure our visit was going as well as they'd hope. One of my friends actually requested to watch the end of the NFL Buffalo Bills game on the one TV, and after a couple tries, the waitress finally budged. Much to my demise of course, I'm all for being surrounded by Canucks!

There are some people out there that aren't all for supporting corporations in small towns, but in Merritt it's a completely small town setup there, and one of the biggest perks is that ALL YOU HAVE TO DO is tell them you're a Centennials fan and they'll send 5-10% of your bill to the Merritt Centennials Hockey Club. Not only do you enjoy a great meal, you also support your local junior hockey team while having a chance to watch your favorite NHL team play!


Boston Pizza - #HockeyLivesHere!

No comments:

Post a Comment